STRESS MANAGEMENT BACKWARDS: PODCAST EPISODE 003.
Episode Three: Stress Management Backwards.
FACTS ON STRESS:
- Stress alters the neurochemical make up of the body.
- Stress is the “silent killer”: heart disease, high blood pressure, chest pain, irregular heart beat, acne, infertility, depression, headaches, weak immune systems and hair loss.
- Stress is linked to the top 6 causes of death: Heart Attack, Cancer, Lung Ailment, Accidents, Liver Cirrhosis, Suicide
- Most stressful cities in America are Chicago, New York and Los Angeles
- The major stress hormones that are destructive to the body are: cortisol, epinephrine and adrenaline
- Cortisol increases abdominal fat and increased the actual size of fat cells themselves.
- Chronic stress causes brain cells to shrink. When brain cells shrink they disconnect from one another, contributing to the onset of depression.
- Stress worsens IBS conditions of constipation, cramping and bloating.
- 2009 CNN Poll showed that most people stress about money, and the top stressed countries that worry about money are: the USA, Malaysia, China and Singapore. The lease stressed about money are: France, Italy and Russia.
- Stress alters blood sugar levels causing mood swings, fatigue, hyperglycemia and metabolic syndrome.
- The flavonoids (antioxidants) in dark chocolate have been shown to reduce the presence of stress hormones.
Question of the Episode:
What would your life be like if you could eliminate all stress from your life and what is holding you back from doing so?
BREAK UP WITH STRESS!
Thanks for listening,